Make faster and better decisions, offer customized services and improve products quickly and efficiently, with the help of consumer feedback? Big-data analyses glean the necessary answers from structured and unstructured data – ideally, from data housed in fast cloud-based data centers.
Transforming IT for big-data analyses
- Faster and better decisions with regard to new products and services
- Analyze structured data out of business applications such as CRM and ERP systems, in combination with …
- … unstructured information from the social web, and from machines and sensors
- Secure storage of large volumes of data, and use of computing resources as required, via cloud computing.
- Carry out analyses and simulations in minutes, instead of what can often be days
- Unfiltered, up-to-the-day information, without expensive market research
- Use the Hadoop framework or SAP HANA for big-data analyses
- Use solutions from Splunk to compute machine-generated data
- Use Empolis technology to analyze multimedia data sources
Opportunities for the energy sector
(PDF - 1.6 MB)
Managing electricity provision and household appliances via smartphone.
Continuous flows of goods, precise delivery dates and times, and no 40%-empty vehicles.